During these unprecedented times, so many things look different; work, family life, school, social gatherings, shopping, etc. For a while that meant Doula care too! As we begin to open up and return to some sort of normalcy, hospitals and birthing places in the Portland, Oregon area are allowing two support people per birthing person again. This means your Doula can come with you and your partner to your labor and delivery! Some families feel more comfortable continuing on with virtual care, however, and we are happy to assist you in making your support as tailored to your needs and preferences as possible.
Here are some things you can expect:
Virtual Birth Doula Support would consist of, but not be limited to;
- Zoom call or in-person prenatal appointments
- On-call phone availability beginning two weeks before your estimated due date, up to your birth
- Non-stop virtual availability and communication from the time labor begins to a few hours after the delivery
- Zoom or in-person postpartum appointment to discuss how the birth went and how postpartum is going
Virtual Postpartum Doula Support would consist of, but not be limited to;
- Zoom or in-person prenatal appointment to discuss all the postpartum and newborn products and items you have and possibly suggest some additional ones if need be
- Virtual communication leading up to the birth and answering any questions or concerns you may have as you are planning
- Scheduled postpartum visits via Zoom where any of our Doulas can answer questions, give encouragement and pointers to help make your postpartum time as smooth as possible.
For more information on what virtual support may look like for your specific situation, please reach out to us through the contact page.